Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rashid Khalidi's new book: Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East

 



















...in his new book, BROKERS OF DECEIT: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East, noted Middle East scholar, Rashid Khalidi, examines three historical moments to reveal why the American brokered negotiations, going back thirty-five years, have not only failed, but have actively undermined progress towards a peace settlement. The misuse of language has corrupted both thought and action surrounding Palestine and Israel, notes Khalidi, especially with regards to terms such as “terrorism,” “security,” and “self-determination.”  America’s oft repeated mantra about a “peace process,” he writes in the introduction, has long “served to disguise an ugly reality: whatever process the United States was championing, it was not in fact actually directed at achieving a just and lasting peace between Palestinians and Israelis.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I comment each time I especially enjoy a post on a website
or I have something to contribute to the conversation.

It's a result of the sincerness displayed in the article I looked at. And on this article "Rashid Khalidi's new book: Brokers of
Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East". I was actually moved enough to leave a comment :-P I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind. Is it just me or does it appear like some of these remarks come across like left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on additional places, I'd like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list every one of all your communal sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Here is my web blog - d'nest Condo